Do YOU have endo...?
Understanding what endometriosis is and how it presents are the first steps to diagnosing & treating this complicated, multifactorial condition that affects at least 1 in 10 women around the world.
This course will teach you how to recognize the primary indications of endometriosis, how to prioritize your treatment goals, and help you decide if surgery is your best choice at this time.
Facilitated by Dr. Danica Thornberry, L.Ac., DAOM -- fertility acupuncturist, author & Founder of @SeedFertility.
This course combines her clinical experience & holistic expertise from more than 20 years of patient care.
Danica is an #endosister herself. She knows firsthand how painful and challenging endo can be -- especially if you're trying to conceive.
THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU IF:
You know that you have endometriosis, or your doctor suspects that you do
You want to understand this multifactorial condition, and what you can do about it
You're trying to conceive and your goal is to reach motherhood
You're looking for answers to your questions about your personal situation
You need guidance on next steps and are ready to consider a laparoscopy
You want to improve your quality of life, mind, body and spirit, before baby arrives
A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE - WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Strategies to calm and down-regulate your nervous system
- How to manage the common complaints of endo (including gut, urinary, & reproductive issues)
- Interviews from experts in the field: Endometriosis surgeons, fertility specialists, acupuncturists, and pelvic physical therapists -- what makes them suspect endometriosis in their patients, and their approach to treatment
- Dietary guidance to help reduce inflammation, and what to avoid
- Hormonal Treatment vs Surgery: understanding your choices and deciding what's right for you
- Laparoscopy: Your questions and our guide to surgery. How to find a qualified specialist, and how to prepare and support yourself
- Personal stories of healing to help you feel inspired
- Resources: professionals to enlist on your team, books & documentaries to dive into
- The emotional piece of managing this chronic condition
- Next steps when you're trying to conceive and have endometriosis
A VISIONARY SURGEON
The pioneer of minimally-invasive endometriosis surgery, Dr. Camran Nezhat, shares why he calls endometriosis "The Great Masquerader," and why so many of his patients fall into the category of 'Unexplained Infertility'.
HORMONAL THERAPY WHEN #TTC
Fertility Specialist Dr. Catherine DeUgarte discusses when she recommends hormonal therapy like Lupron instead of laparoscopy, and additional testing to know about.
Dr. Ivy Margulies, Women's Health Psychologist
We talk to Dr. Ivy about boundaries work, down-regulating the nervous system, and how mindfulness, self-care, and patient empowerment comes into play when dealing with endometriosis and fertility challenges.
Dr. Daria Tavana, Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist
We discuss what to expect when working with a pelvic floor physical therapist, why it's not as scary as you think to incorporate this into your healing regimen, and how it can make a big difference!
Michelle Meramour, L.Ac., Acupuncturist
Michelle discusses the lifestyle and environmental toxins component of endometriosis in a way that's manageable and easy to digest. With Michelle's help, learn what steps you can take to minimize your exposure to chemicals that have an impact on your hormones.
UNDERSTAND YOUR TREATMENT OPTIONS
Is a laparoscopy the right choice for you? What about hormonal suppressants like Lupron? We break down the different treatment options in a way that is easy to understand. We answer your questions about surgery, how to advocate for yourself with your doctor, and how to prepare and support yourself while recovering.ENROLL NOW
IMPROVING FERTILITY OUTCOMES
Seed Fertility has always placed a special focus on fertility, but endometriosis is one of the conditions that poses a challenging obstacle to a healthy pregnancy. In this course you'll learn how endometriosis impacts your fertility, and how to significantly boost your chances of conception when living with endometriosis.I'M READY
NO TIME FOR THE PAIN?
Included in this class: Guided meditations to help with pain reduction, along with various pain-reducing strategies you can implement all month long.
We'll demystify pelvic physical therapy and acupuncture to explain how these holistic treatment modalities can help with pain reduction in the long-term.
We'll also share insight on the foods/behaviors that may be working against you, so you can feel more in control.
STRATEGIES FOR RESOLVING #ENDO INCLUDE:
- Journal prompts to help you work through the mental and emotional aspect of this chronic condition
- Emotional tools and insights as to where endometriosis comes from, and what you might be able to take away from it
- Mind-Body applications of the menstrual cycle phases, and how to navigate your cycle with greater confidence & ease
Movement practices to help calm inflammation and realign the pelvis
Encouraging stories of women who made the choice to undergo laparoscopic surgery, and how that impacted their fertility outcomes for the better
Meditations using guided imagery to activate the Mind-Body connection and reduce stress
"Danica was the first person to back me up when I said I suspected I had endo. After years of failing to fall pregnant I finally got the courage to insist on surgery to find out once and for all, with your help. Best thing I ever did!"