FERTILE FOODS RECIPE: SAVORY SQUASH SOUP
This soothing, warm, pureed soup helps prevent cramping and miscarriage by promoting a healthy uterine lining. The mixture of Vitamin E, potassium, and B Vitamins (such as folate, pantothenic acid and Vitamin B6), and are a winning combination to form the membrane of cells, and particularly placental cells!
For these reasons, this soup is best enjoyed post-ovulation, or after your embryo transfer if you’re doing IVF.
- 2 1/2 – 3 lbs chopped butternut squash
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Brush squash with olive oil to coat.
- Bake for 45 min at 400°
- Remove squash and place aside (the steps above can be done in advance).
- In large soup pot, sauté onion in olive oil until soft.
- Add sage, squash and chicken broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool, then puree in blender
Tip: You can roast the squash up to 2 days in advance and store in fridge until ready to make the soup.
Yields 8 servings
The information provided on this site is for educational purposes only, and does not substitute for professional medical advice. We aren’t trying to fill in for your medical doctor here, but we are doing our best to help you increase your chance of becoming a mom. Be sure to consult a medical provider if you’re seeking medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We will never sell your information, for any reason.